Rotary Young Professionals Day of Service
Join us for the first Rotary Young Professional Day of Service
Friday, September 16, 2016!
As part of a grant from Rotary International, our Rotary District is setting up days of service among different clubs. We will spend an entire day in our community, working on two service projects (one in the morning, one in the evening), along with some time for lunch, local speakers and some “random” acts of kindness. This is a great way to further the Rotary commitment for existing Rotarians and to help others understand the mission and values of the group through collaboration.
As a young professional involved with Rotary, we extend this invitation to join us for this fun, rewarding day scheduled for Friday, September 16, 2016. We will kick the day off by meeting at the Idaho Falls Area Humanitarian Center at 1415 North Gate Mile (by Fred Meyer) to work on a project there. The afternoon project will be held at Eastern Idaho Community Action Partnership.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Rotary Young Professionals. Our District was awarded a grant to enhance engagement among our current Rotary Young Professionals. A team has been working diligently to create a full, amazing day for these young Rotarians. The event details are a surprise for those selected, however they will come away energized with a new zest for Rotary. Each club is encourage to nominate several Rotary Young Professionals. The details are as follows:
- RSVP by July 29
- A Rotary Young Professional is an existing Rotarian between the ages of 18-40.
- To nominate your Rotary Young Professional, please complete the Outstanding Young Professional Nomination Form 2016. Self-nominations are encouraged.
- If selected, the Rotary Club will pay the $50 participation fee to help supplement the expenses of the day’s events.
- Upon nomination, the nominee will receive an “Employer Support Letter” to encourage their employer to allow them to attend the event.
- Twenty (20) Rotarians from each region will be selected to participate in one regional event = 80 total participants across the District, plus Chamber of Commerce and other young professional groups
Contact Information: For questions regarding the Idaho Falls event, call Liza Leonard at (208) 201-4133.