Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race
Annual Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race (Always the 2nd Friday & Saturday in August)
The Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race is hosted by the Idaho Falls Rotary Club to benefit the Idaho Falls River Walk around the Snake River.
ADOPT A DUCK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE
GRAND PRIZE: Vehicle donated by Idaho Falls Cars & Trucks.
1ST PLACE PRIZE: Razor donated by Idaho Central Credit Union.
OTHER PRIZES: Dining experiences, golf passes, gift certificates, paintings, fuel cards, and MORE!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (Check back soon for updates.)
- Saturday *Events on Saturday take place along the west side of the greenbelt on River Pkwy.
- Classic car show (near John’s Hole Bridge) – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Speedboat races by Snake River Speedboats (near Keefer’s Island) 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Home Depot “build it” project for kids
- Cabela’s bow & arrow shooting for the kids
- Military & helicopter displays
- Ping-pong ball drop sponsored by HK Contractors at 2:30 p.m.
- Candy bomb event at 3:00 p.m.
- Military flyover at 3:30 p.m.
- Craft booths, food trucks and MUCH MORE!
- Ducks drop at 4 p.m.
We have a new vendor manager this year. Please contact Stacy at CASA (208) 523-6525.
We are celebrating the 29th year of the Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race! Over the years, the Duck Race has become one of the largest festivals (2nd only to Independence Day) in Idaho Falls!
The Idaho Falls Rotary Club has been committed to raising money to develop and enhance the River Walk and Greenbelt since 1991. The club’s annual Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race has generated more than $4 million which was donated to the city for parks and Greenbelt/River Walk improvements.. The City of Idaho Falls has received matched federal, state and local grants, as well as donations, to leverage that money.
- Over 7 miles of running/biking paths on both sides of river
- Taylor toll bridge replica (by Key Bank)
- Running path underpasses beneath the railroad and at Pancheri
- Trapper statue on B & Memorial
- Japanese Friendship Garden (Sportsman’s Park) renovation
- Restrooms on River Walk near Memorial & D
- Signage along the River Walk and information kiosk on east side of river
- Allen Jensen overlook at Broadway by bridge
- Walking paths over river on Highway 20 overpass
- Movable bridge under Highway 20
- Development of Ryder Park area
- Award-winning River Gardens (north of the Pancheri Bridge on the west side of the Riverbank)