Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race
Annual Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race
2nd Friday & Saturday in August
The Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race is hosted by the Idaho Falls Rotary Club to benefit the Idaho Falls River Walk around the Snake River.
ADOPT A DUCK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Sponsor Locations Including: Broadway Ford, Idaho Central Credit Union, Ingrams Jewelers, Farr’s Jewelry or the Idaho Falls Visitor’s Center.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (Check back for updates as the schedule change yearly.)
- Friday, Aug. 12
- Saturday, Aug. 13 *Events on Saturday take place along the west side of the greenbelt on River Pkwy.
- Classic car show (near John’s Hole Bridge) – all day
- Speedboat races by Snake River Speedboats (near Keefer’s Island) 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Helicopter display behind Shilo Inn
- Military display
- Ice cream social – 6,550 FREE scoops! Sponsored by: Farr’s Candy
- Candy bomb event
- Ping-pong ball drop sponsored by HK Contractors
- Home Depot “build it” project for kids
- Craft booths, food trucks and MUCH MORE! (Proceeds from these vendors benefit Big Brothers, Big Sisters.)
- Ducks drop at 4 p.m.
In 2017 we celebrated 27 years of the Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race. Over the years, the Duck Race has become one of the largest festivals (2nd only to July 4) in Idaho Falls!
The Idaho Falls Rotary Club has been committed to raising money to develop and enhance the River Walk and Greenbelt since 1991. The club’s annual Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race has generated more than $4 million which was donated to the city for parks and Greenbelt/River Walk improvements.. The City of Idaho Falls has received matched federal, state and local grants, as well as donations, to leverage that money.
- Over 7 miles of running/biking paths on both sides of river
- Taylor toll bridge replica (by Key Bank)
- Running path underpasses beneath the railroad and at Pancheri
- Trapper statue on B & Memorial
- Japanese Friendship Garden (Sportsman’s Park) renovation
- Restrooms on River Walk near Memorial & D
- Signage along the River Walk and information kiosk on east side of river
- Allen Jensen overlook at Broadway by bridge
- Walking paths over river on Highway 20 overpass
- Movable bridge under Highway 20
- Development of Ryder Park area
- Award-winning River Gardens (north of the Pancheri Bridge on the west side of the Riverbank – picture below)