2018 Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race
Annual Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race (August 11, 2018)
(Always the 2nd Friday & Saturday in August)
The Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race is hosted by the Idaho Falls Rotary Club to benefit the Idaho Falls River Walk around the Snake River.
ADOPT A DUCK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Sponsor Locations Including: Broadway Ford, Idaho Central Credit Union, Ingrams Jewelers, Farr’s Jewelry or the Idaho Falls Visitor’s Center.
GRAND PRIZE! Brand new 2018 Ford F150 truck! Generously donated by Broadway Ford of Idaho Falls.
1ST PLACE PRIZE! 2018 Polaris Quad. Generously donated by Idaho Central Credit Union.
2ND PLACE PRIZE! $4000 jewelry item! Donated by Alpine Jewelers
- $1500 Dining Experience! $250 gift certificates from each of the following 6 restaurants: Jalisco’s, Snake Bite, Jaker’s, Bees Knees, Blue Hashi and Hilton Garden Inn!
- Golf Passes! Two season golf passes for 2019, donated by City of Idaho Falls Parks & Recreation Department
- $1000 Gift Certificate from Blacker’s
- Gloria Miller Allen painting. Beautiful original watercolor by local artist Gloria Miller Allen, professionally framed and matted.
- $1000 Gift Certificate from Sam’s Club
- His and Hers Apple Fitness Watches donated by Nuclear Care Partner
- $1000 fuel certificate! Donated by Conrad & Bishoff who sponsors the “Kiss a Duck” contest for $1000 in fuel!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (Check back soon for updates.)
- Friday, Aug. 10
- Saturday, Aug. 11 *Events on Saturday take place along the west side of the greenbelt on River Pkwy.
- Classic car show (near John’s Hole Bridge) – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Speedboat races by Snake River Speedboats (near Keefer’s Island) 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Home Depot “build it” project for kids
- Cabela’s bow & arrow shooting for the kids
- Military & helicopter displays
- Ping-pong ball drop sponsored by HK Contractors at 2:30 p.m.
- Candy bomb event at 3:00 p.m.
- Military flyover at 3:30 p.m.
- Craft booths, food trucks and MUCH MORE!
- Ducks drop at 4 p.m.
We have a new vendor manager this year. Please contact Stacy at CASA (208) 523-6525.
We are celebrating the 28th year of the Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race! Over the years, the Duck Race has become one of the largest festivals (2nd only to Independence Day) in Idaho Falls!
The Idaho Falls Rotary Club has been committed to raising money to develop and enhance the River Walk and Greenbelt since 1991. The club’s annual Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race has generated more than $4 million which was donated to the city for parks and Greenbelt/River Walk improvements.. The City of Idaho Falls has received matched federal, state and local grants, as well as donations, to leverage that money.
- Over 7 miles of running/biking paths on both sides of river
- Taylor toll bridge replica (by Key Bank)
- Running path underpasses beneath the railroad and at Pancheri
- Trapper statue on B & Memorial
- Japanese Friendship Garden (Sportsman’s Park) renovation
- Restrooms on River Walk near Memorial & D
- Signage along the River Walk and information kiosk on east side of river
- Allen Jensen overlook at Broadway by bridge
- Walking paths over river on Highway 20 overpass
- Movable bridge under Highway 20
- Development of Ryder Park area
- Award-winning River Gardens (north of the Pancheri Bridge on the west side of the Riverbank)